Nottingham Triathlon Club would like to use images that show athletes in a positive light (e.g. during training and competition) on our social media pages, publications and our website. Photographs/videos are an important way for members, coaches and parents to document an athlete’s triathlon experience.
Nottingham Triathlon Club is committed to providing a safe environment for all our members and coaches and we have adopted the following good practice guidelines issued by British Triathlon.
Through the use of a prior consent form, we will ask for the permission of members and parents/guardians where the athlete is under 16 years of age to take and use their image.
- If an athlete is named, we will avoid using their photograph
- Where possible, if a photograph is used, we will avoid naming the athlete.
- We will NEVER publish personal details (email addresses, telephone numbers, addresses etc) of an athlete.
- We will only authorise the use of images of athletes in suitable dress.
Use of Photographic Filming Equipment at Triathlon Events
Nottingham Triathlon Club will:
- Inform athletes and parents that a photographer will be in attendance at an event and ensure they consent to both the taking and publication of films or photographs.
- Require parents, spectators and authorised photographers (e.g. press) to register at an event if they wish to use any photographic equipment including mobile phones with photographic technology.
- Issue identification passes which must be worn and clearly visible at all times during the event.
- Not allow unsupervised access to athletes or one to one photo sessions at events.
- Not approve/allow photo sessions outside the events or at an athlete’s home.
- Act on the concerns of any athletes and parents regarding the inappropriate use of photographic equipment.
- Inform children/young people and their parents/carers if video equipment is to be used as a coaching aid.
- Ensure that any photographic images taken and used will be stored safely.
© Nottingham Triathlon Club